Are you and your partner/family moving to Hong Kong? First of all there are many of us (male & female) and you are not alone.
Trailing spouses are entitled to dependent visas based on their partners valid Hong Visa for employment. This allows for living, working and studying in Hong Kong so we can work once we get settled! I have first hand experience of this. Other key areas I can offer advice on include:
- Living & Settling - where to live, cost of accommodation, medical GP & hospital options, getting used to living in an apartment, facilities, public parks, opening bank accounts, local transport, taxis, MTR, buses, minibuses, Octopus, shopping, the weather.
- School & Children - finding a school suitable for your children. I work in the education sector so know the system well. Weekend and after school activities are also an important consideration.
- Domestic Help - how does this system work & how to employ a domestic helper to assist the family.
- HKID card - what is it & how does it work? What is the path to Permanent Residency?
- Irish Consulate and Business links - where to start growing your business in HK.
- Interests & Culture - so many things to do and groups and societies to join - including many Irish themed societies & groups. These range from art, language & cultural to hiking, beaches, walking tours, tennis, netball, hockey, bridge, mahjong & GAA. You are never too old in HK!
- Vacations & trips- HK is a tremendous gateway to the East, with so many public holidays there is plenty of time to travel. But where do you start in terms of booking and getting the best deals?
- Clubs - an insight into private clubs with sports and leisure facilities.
- Other Helpful tips - managing the heat of the summer!
Contact me on anything; I have particular knowledge and current expertise in the HK education system. I can explain all the above and more, and will be glad to be of help based on my experiences to date. The standard session is a 1 hour long meeting but if you are looking for particular information you can request a custom offer.